Tuesday, August 2, 2011

2.for.Tuesday


one: Survey Says: Salsa. Soup + Salsa. I am exhausted. We were up until 3:30a.m. this morning bottling tomato soup + salsa. I love the soup, but am really wondering if it's worth all this trouble. This is the third week in a row we've done this. I don't think the salsa is worth it. I've still not found a bottled salsa recipe I love. Tonight we used recipe #2 for this year. I think we're going to have a salsa party when we're done with the tomato season. Everyone will have to fill out a survey about the each of the different salsas and hopefully we'll be able to pin down a recipe we like. Hopefully. I'm thinking a questionaire like this might just do the trick. This just might be the labels on a few jars that get delivered as invites. That would help me get rid of some... hmm.
two: Flashback. Remember when I first started posting 2.for.Tuesday clear back in November 2008 [wow]? It was entirely about great ideas I had seen and wanted to try. Some I even tried. I kind of miss that. I kind of miss letting the ebb + flow of the internet waves pull me where they would. It isn't very often anymore that I surf without a specific purpose in mind. Today I was reminded of how much I enjoyed creating a post with the sole purpose of sharing fun ideas with you. Elsie Marley recently shared a post called things on the internet: tutorial edition. Things like the homemade retro play stamps tutorial/photo by Teri at Giddy Giddy. It's all fun. Go see.

ps. It seems a few crazy Christmas cards are extremely past due... I'll get right on that.

pps. The label was made with Echo Park's Country Drive Elements 2

3 comments:

  1. a salsa party sounds like a blast!! there are people in this house that would eat it by the spoonful!!
    i miss the inspiration that the internet brings.. i've taken a bit of a summer vacation from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mindy... want to come? :)

    ps. If anyone has a good bottled salsa recipe I'm on the lookout for one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a roasted tomato salsa recipe that is wonderful!! But - I don't know what the requirements are for jarring stuff - it has lemon pepper in it - but everything else is just fresh veggies....and I want to come...make it happen.

    ReplyDelete