Monday, July 20, 2009

just a few things

I've got rolling around in my head right now...
  1. 20 pages in 20 days. It's a class Jessica Sprague is offering and I don't know if it's the way she presented it or what, but the obvious simplicity of it struck me. I can do that. It's totally do-able. Of course, she is offering ready made templates and I'm cheap. I would totally not pay the $60 for the class when I can make my templates myself + her style is not my style so I would only be using the basics anyway. But the point is. 20 pages in 20 days. I love it.
  2. 12 stories. Ali asked the question: "If you could only create 12 scrapbook layouts that defined your life what stories would you tell?" I've been thinking about this too. As I walk around picking things up and trying to be more productive I've been tossing this one around. I'm also thinking in terms of 12 stories that defined 2008 [since that's the yearbook I've decided to really focus on first].

I am feeling very pressured to get this yearbook done. It's been calling to me far too long. This week my focus is on my house + getting it put back together + letting the ideas roll around + taking notes. Next week I will start the 20 pages in 20 days. Join me if you'd like. I'm trying to figure out how to share PNG files. If you can open this file let me know. I would be happy to share all of the templates I make with you if this works out [BTW the bird on the apple is just a clip art from the net in PNG form. I'm just trying out the box].

Enjoy the journey!

update: I just tried uploading a super cute template [honestly, doesn't that look like a real transparency? It's all digital + a vintage book page for good measure] and it won't support such large files on the free accounts. I'd have to pay for a business account for this to work. I'll keep looking. This is what I did with it as I was throwing it together. Again, I'm at a loss for words. Someday...

2 comments:

  1. It opened for me. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI - I would totally pay for your templates...just so you know.

    ReplyDelete