Thursday, January 17, 2008

So... Basketball...

Yep, I played basketball last night. I am the coach/coordinator for our ward and therefore am obligated to play. I hate dread it. It has been a long time for me, and last year we had no subs and I thought I would keel over from a heart attack every time we played. This year I have exercised twice in the last four months (on Thursday of last week and Tuesday of this) and honestly, I'm in no shape to play basketball... even if it's just women's church ball. I truly think that is worse. I was trying to explain my dread to *B* and he just didn't get it. Seriously, is there anything more frustrating than just running back and forth from one end of the court to the other? I didn't think so! And now, the truth: it wasn't as bad as I expected. I had them combine us with another ward in the hopes that we would have subs and we ended up with eight players. Fun? I wouldn't go that far. Tolerable at best. Cross another one off my list (well, almost). As some of you already know, I've cut my hair off. Approx. 12" is sitting in my window sill waiting to be sent to locks of love. When the sending part is done I'll cross it off. I attempted to take a self-portrait today so you could all see it... of course, little man #2 had to be part of it... open mouth and all. Enjoy the Journey!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, cute hair! I didn't know you we're going to do it soon. I like it. How are you liking it? Did B go into mourning when you cut it off? I can understand your feelings about b-ball. As much as I used to LOVE it, it just isn't the same for me anymore. I think part of it is when your mind says to do one thing, and you body finally does it about a minute later. Good for you for doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the hair! You're beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I STILL LOVE your hair. Cute picture! Thanks for the link to locks of love, I think I am going to cut mine and donate it this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hair!! Holy cow, how long was it before you cute it? Your little boy is just too cute trying to get into the picture. I don't think I have played basketball since we were in high school and I don't think I have any intentions of playing anytime soon. I probably couldn't even make it out onto the court let alone run up and down it.

    ReplyDelete