Thursday, January 24, 2008

Pesto...Yum!

I love pesto! I made pesto! The guys of the house did not like pesto. Bummer. I have a basil plant growing in my kitchen window and about two months ago it finally had enough leaves to make pesto. I cut it way back and mixed up the pesto but the smell wasn't so good so I had to store it until last night (I'm finally past the "that doesn't smell so good... I can't eat it" stage). We had ravioli with pesto sauce... actually, I had ravioli with pesto sauce. The little men had ravioli plain with a little pile of pesto at the side of their plate that they tasted but didn't like. *B* had just plain ravioli. I don't even know if he tasted the stuff. So, for the pesto lovers out there. Don't hassle with making it yourself. Go to Pier 49 and get it on the Embarcadero pizza (don't forget the artichoke hearts)! Or, go to Pasta Factory and get pesto on your build your own lunch special (don't get the creamy pesto... YUCK)! Or, go to the Pizza Factory and get the Gusto pizza (leave off the squashes and red onion and add the artichoke hearts... I think. It's been a while. I prefer the Embarcadero at Pier 49). Or, you can purchase small jars of pesto sauce at grocery stores, but if no one else is going to eat it... I don't know what the shelf life is once the seal is broken. It might not be worth it. I guess if you weren't crazy like me and thought you had to grow the basil in your kitchen window and just splurged on fresh basil it wouldn't be such a big hassle... hmm... still probably not worth it since I would have to throw most of it out unless I ate pesto every day for two weeks (that could do more damage than good). And now, the point of this rampage... I made my own pesto and ate it. Cross another one off the list. Enjoy the Journey! P.S. I just found that you can download the instructions to the "Greatest Love Story Ever Told" book. It has some prompts for telling your story. Click here to see it! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment