Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Few Changes

This is a re-posting of my birthday list. I've got to make a few changes... I've got to be more realistic!
  1. Do less.
  2. Attend the temple monthly.
  3. Study diligently
  4. Pray earnestly.
  5. Serve willingly.
  6. Rejoice.
  7. Ponder daily the question, "Have I seen the hand of God reaching out to touch our family today?”
  8. Write it down .
  9. Don’t leave for tomorrow what you can do today .
  10. Embrace being a nurturer.
  11. Get rid of my clutter.
  12. Paint a picture.
  13. Frame it.
  14. Hang it in my house.
  15. Take a photograph every day.
  16. Display pictures of my family.
  17. Re-paint the upstairs bathroom.
  18. Run in the New Year midnight run exercise regularly.
  19. Take the boys to Sea World.
  20. Go to a Farmer’s Market.
  21. Make a collage/scrapbook page per week yeah, so I don't scrapbook right now... instead I'm going to donate 12" to Locks of Love.
  22. Weekly Yoga class.
  23. Perfect a whole wheat waffle/pancake recipe.
  24. Make my own Pesto.
  25. Put up all of my Christmas trees before Dec. 1 enjoy the fact that I got a tree up at all.
  26. Get our year supply caught up.
  27. Make out at the lake.
  28. Chalk paint on the sidewalk with the boys.
  29. Write down the stories of my life.
  30. Lose 31 lbs. keep baby weight under 31 lbs.
  31. Enjoy the journey.

I guess that even though some of the things are slightly unrealistic (mostly by using the word "daily") they are still worthy things to do so I will leave them and just be happy with what I do and not stress if it doesn't happen daily. I've just gotten off to kind of a slow start... what with my sleeping half of the day, etc. Things are definately looking up though!

Enjoying the Journey!

5 comments:

  1. Great to see you back! Those are great goals. And the best part is that whatever you do accomplish from this list will bless your life a lot more than if you never tried any of them at all. Go Mandi!!! I'm inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome goals...I really need to be like you and make more goals for myself!

    I also have a question.... I'm sure its a silly question, but nonetheless,... how do you do your "links" in your posts. Meaning, when I read your posts sometimes if I run my curser over a certain word you've turned into a link then it will take me to that link...how do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting me come and visit yesterday. Carson and I had a great time! I need to come down more often.

    I love your list. I have to agree with Maria, and say that I am inspired as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love number 30. Congrats! That is exciting news. And thanks for the inspiration. I have a hard time making a list from scratch, so I'll use yours as a jumping off point.

    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say congratulations are in order. I am excited for you and your family. I really need to kick it into gear and make some goals for myself. I feel like I am in such a rut. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete