Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Cross One off The List

So, I finally printed off a copy of my list so I would be looking at it regularly (every day) and it's helping. Today I get to cross off the whole wheat pancake recipe... yes, I realize that it also says waffle, but I'm going to cross off the pancake part and feel good about it dang it! I tried the recipe in the waffle maker and it worked okay. I'll still play with that and eventually I'll get to cross off the waffle part to, but for now, wahoo for me! For those who would like to try the recipe, I got it from my friend Melissa and it is easy and yummy and best of all, it really is whole wheat. As in, scoop whole wheat kernels out of your food storage bucket, whole wheat (but don't be scared...you don't have to grind it, this is done in the blender). Finally, a use for all that wheat they tell us to get!
And that's it (please ignore my typos)! I just mixed up the dry "add" ingredients and had the eggs and oil ready then added them to the blender the last 30 sec. or so to mix them in. It worked out really well and the boys are loving them. They had them for breakfast and now are having them again for lunch. It's a large recipe... you shouldn't need to double it unless you're making a whole bunch and even then you'd probably have to do two batches because of the size of most blenders. I love it! Enjoy!
Enjoying the Journey

P.S... does anyone know how to convert a pancake recipe to a waffle recipe?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am going to have to try that. I never thought about doing it in the blender. I have been trying to make mine from scratch ever since I had Pauline's yummy ones. Krusteaz will never be the same after those. I hope all is going well. The kids were excited when Isaac called the other night. Nice to have free cell minutes.

    ReplyDelete