Wednesday, August 25, 2010

No. 11

shoot ttv [through the viewfinder] of an old camera that is. It's an Argus 75. I love it. There is actually a tube contraption that you make and position between the viewfinder of the Argus and the lens of the digital camera, but I decided to just go ahead without it [as it's likely that I will never actually make the contraption]. Looking through the viewfinder of the argus produces a whole new point of view. I saw things that I didn't expect. I saw things I wouldn't have normally looked at. I decided I like looking through the viewfinder of the Argus. But not necessarily through the viewfinder via my digital. I think I'm going to buy some film. I'll add that to the list for next year.

So, my review of ttv photography [without a contraption] is this:

+ it looks really neat because you get cool flecks and "noise" on you photo.

+ it looks really neat because the colors and lighting get altered a bit.

+ it looks really neat with rounded corners and black borders

- it's awkward to get a good shot because you have to hold both cameras at the same time.

- holding both cameras is impossible.

- the shots you can take are limited to what you have on hand to position the Argus.

So, that's it. It's awkward, but I like the way it looks. I might re-visit this one with a contraption.

No comments:

Post a Comment