Friday, August 27, 2010

Imagine If I Woke Up

in the morning on my own terms. If I actually accomplished what I set out to do. Imagine me walking into a room and cleaning it until it was finished. Imagine me not picking up a new book, three [yes, three] different books to be exact, and starting to read them at various times throughout the day [yes, the same day]. Imagine if the clothes that went into the washer actually made it into the dryer in a timely manner. And for that matter, imagine if they got folded and put away in an equally timely manner. Imagine if I was focused but not hyper-focused. Imagine what I could accomplish if I were not so completely me. Not that me is bad. It's just so completely frustrating sometimes. Now, imagine this: "Imagine waking and going for a run, as if running were all you do. Nothing else is on your mind but the run, and you do it to the very best of your abilities. Then you eat, enjoying every flavorful bite of your fresh breakfast of whole, unprocessed foods. You read a novel, as if nothing else in the world existed. You do your work, one task at a time, each task done with full focus and dedication. You spend time with loved ones, as if nothing else existed." - Leo Babauta author of the blog ZenHabits. Quoted from this guest post [which has really great tips on how to go about accomplishing such a highly focused/present frame of mind]. I realize that this might be a little ambitious, what with having two littles around, but I'm going to read this everytime I get distracted. Everytime I feel less than focused. Everytime I start a new project. I'm going to be single minded. I'm going to be a starter and a finisher. I'm starting today.

1 comment: