Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Blessed

I know I said I was taking a break, and I am. I just needed to share this photo of my Dad's crash with you all and say that I know Heavenly Father is looking out for each and every one of us. I am so grateful for that knowledge. My Dad is a firefighter/paramedic and works with the heavy rescue team [a couple of years ago he saved a guy from a highrise when the scaffolding holding the crane he was operating collapsed], he's a motorcycle riding, guitar playing crazy man and I love him for it. A few years ago he bought this flying machine and has loved it. Now he talks of getting a "backpack". Based on what he says I assume this is basically a flying machine without the go cart. I'm not really sure but it would involve running and jumping. Like I said... crazy. Anyway. This is what my mom said happened: "I thought we ought to let you know that Dad got himself tangled in some power lines today. He flew to Echo Bay in Overton and was on his way back. Over Riverside he saw Cliven Bundy watering some fields so we went back to wave. Not paying attention he throttled up to get over a fence and wrapped his chute around the power lines. It flipped him up then crashed him straight down. We are blessed that he is only sore and not really hurt or electrocuted. It could have been really bad. The power boys had to repair the line. Only one house lost power. They said it flipped the braker when it broke the line or he would have been shocked. He wasn't thinking straight and got right out to undo his extra gas tank that was leaking. Thank the Lord for your Dads safety tonight in your prayers. He will be sore for a few days but he says he's fine. " Enjoy the Journey

3 comments:

  1. Wow, he was blessed. Definitely a tender mercy of the Lord. I am glad for you to have a little quiet time each day. Mine starts Monday. Life has been so crazy that school will be a relief for the kids, I am sure. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. scary! yes, definitely a blessing that he is okay. I've been up in that thing and it was so much fun...glad your dad is feeling fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! He is so lucky! It does look fun though. Is he done flying it? or just taking a small break while he recovers? Wow...scary.

    ReplyDelete