Tuesday, August 11, 2009

2.for.Tuesday

Man. I am such a loser. And a liar too. Yep, big fat liar. I have a good excuse for not getting the book done... The girl got sick + we spent two long and sleepless nights up with her before taking her to the E.R. we've got to figure out what is up with her and her breathing issues [*B's* theory is that she's allergic to dogs. It always seems to happen around dogs. Doesn't help that she had that nasty bout with pneumonia in November either. Everything has to be treated as if it's turning into pneumonia now days]. then two long and sleepless nights turned into not just a sick little girl [who is doing much better thanks to breathing treatments], but sick mom + dad also. Aren't we so lucky... But as always, it's just an excuse. The book isn't done because I didn't get the book done. Slacker. I've decided I will not shout my intentions from the rooftops any longer. I will let you be shocked and amazed by what I accomplish when I accomplish it. From now on all my projects are top secret. Yes.
one: still a bit consumed by storytelling processes out there. I love this short story concept by Jenifer Altman. Her photos are dreamy and her writing is near poetic [this clip is from her blog. It is obviously not mine, but it didn't fit the usual frame]. There are really so many great ideas for getting your stories told. If I were more of a visual writer/poetic story teller I would totally do this.
two: Kara did this visual blogging project a couple of weeks ago and I was again inspired by her simple effectiveness and absolute brilliance. It doesn't hurt that I am a lover of watercolors myself. Plus, I can do anything for five days. In fact, I think this one might be popping up occasionally. I really enjoyed doing it. Did you hear that? I did it [that is my work shown. yes, mine]. Nice big pat on the back for me!
enjoy the journey!

1 comment:

  1. oh, oh! i am SO glad you did this it's just beautiful!!! :D

    ReplyDelete