Tuesday, June 23, 2009

2.for.Tuesday

so, this is post #199... get your surveys done while you still can.
Today is all about freebies.
one: a free photo editing class at Jessica Sprague. It's their two year birthday over there and she's having all kinds of parties everyday. Check it out. There is always so much to learn and do at JS. She has so many free tutorials for digital scrapbooking and photo editing. Plus she offers a great lot of classes that you can pay for too. If I was rich I would take the photography class from Candice Stringham... Anyway, like I said. Free photo editing class. Plus daily freebies all week long. This is a quick page I did with todays drag + drop template + some some of the labels listed below [I turned them into stickers]. Easy Peasy [except for the journaling. that always stumps me. I'll have to add that later + maybe some drop shadowing around the stickers, but that's easy too].
"I just saw the cutest grandma riding a bike down the street. She had on a little black dress and a black wide brimmed hat with a white bow. Her bike was the sweet old fashioned kind and she had a great big wicker basket filled with groceries... I want to be her when I grow up. I wish I was fast enough to have taken her photo."
two: I stumbled across this great blog by Merrilee of her art work [which I am currently in love with and really keep telling myself I need to work on my illustration skills] and then popped over to her other blog mer mag and she was singing the praises of an organizing workshop she had attended + was also sharing these really great labels she created for her own organizing project. I love them. And I should do some organizing, but I probably won't. I usually never get very far with projects like that. Though it does desperately need to be done...
So that's it. I'm off to take my three littles to their yearly check-ups with the doctor. I'm sure *A* will be getting his school shots. That will be loads of fun.
Enjoy the journey!

4 comments:

  1. I want to be a cute, fun old lady too. How can I do that if I can't even accomplish it while I am young!? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is an older lady in our ward that teaches relief society and she is the most stylish person i've ever seen. she is always dressed so cute, and so classic!!

    I love that picture of emma, is it just me, or has she grown up a TON in like the last 2 months??? Maybe it's cause i don't see her too much....

    Dinner was so nice and yummy the other day. I got all excited seeing that you posted again because i though it was #200...I'll go back to patiently waiting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That page turned out cute! Did you buy those labels or is this a sneak peak at your doodles? BTW - sent those pics - I'll get the rest to you when it's not a pain to get them off of my phone. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The labels are the same ones on the jar. I just turned them into stickers in photoshop. I've not started on my doodles for the book yet. Thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete