Tuesday, January 13, 2009

2.for.Tuesday

Last week as I sat waiting in the Dr.'s office I browsed through an old issue of Martha Stewart Living. Can I tell you how I wish that magazine was delivered to my door every month. The photography is awesome and the projects (while I would rarely, if ever, finish one if I were to start it) are equally as awesome. In this particular issue they had an article about knitting and I fell in love with two of the projects and had to hunt them down. Here they are for your viewing enjoyment and if you're a knitter (or even just an ambitious beginner like me) the links will take you to the how-to's. Enjoy!
one: fingerless mittens. I immediately fell in love with these, and in my mind the instructions were totally do-able. I want to make these. As a bonus and extra incentive *I* came home from school yesterday saying he wanted some gloves that covered the hand but left the fingers open. I was positively giddy. I asked him why... where did he see something like that? He said his friend Michael has some and they're "awesome". He then informed me that they are motorcycle gloves so I'm sure that what I have in mind and what he has in mind are totally different, but I will pretend like I don't know that!
two: knitted neck scarf. I love the short "driving scarf" look to this. I want one. The scarf I knit a few years ago, while cute and warm, is bulky and so not feminine. This is a feminine scarf. It's cute and classy. If you look closely it isn't tied. One end tucks through a hole (maybe a button-hole concept). It looks a little more difficult in the instructions, but have no fear... I, the intrepid crafter, will go right ahead and bumble through it anyway (at least I'd like to try).
And there you have it. The two most recent things I've tucked away in the back of my mind to call to me.
Enjoy the Journey!

4 comments:

  1. I tried to teach myself to knit last month with an "I can teach myself to knit" book. It didn't work. I couldn't even get it started. I tried over and over to get a scarf started, but to no avail. I want some fingerless gloves, too. I would make them to go all the way up my arms so I don't have to wear long sleeves or my robe in my apartment (it's cold here).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, I love the mittens and scarf thingy. You actually make those? I'm not sure that would be possible for someone like me, but you certainly could tackle it. See you at bookclub.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Hannah! Those are so stinkin cute! I love love love that scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, one more thing you can teach me!!!

    ReplyDelete