Tuesday, November 25, 2008

2.for.Tuesday

Already? Here I thought I was doing so well coming up with a plan to keep me posting regularly and then the week ran away with me. Seriously... is it really Tuesday again? I apologize.
one: For your enjoyment today I bring you flower pinwheels from the amazing and talented Heather Bailey (the photo is hers). Seriously, browse her blog a little and you'll find things that will make you ooh and aah. I promise. Way too many of her creations are in my make + do folder (sadly they're just sitting there... in my make and do folder. Maybe a good challenge for me would be that I share what I make from at least one of the 2.for.Tuesday ideas. Don't hold your breath on that though).
two: This one isn't off of the web, but I remembered that I had photos of this great Thanksgiving project that I want to do again this year with the kids so I'm going to share it with you instead of the one I had planned to use. I'll share it next week. Besides, I've just challenged myself to share things I've actually done and I can't resist a good challenge! This is something I remember doing probably every Thanksgiving at my Grandma's house. I had a very artistic and "crafty" Grandma. Actually, both of my Grandmas were very artisitc in their own ways. I learned a whole lot from both of them. Anyhow, this is something from my childhood and I'm happy to share it with you. I still love it. You will need: 1 apple for each participant + whatever else you want to use. Traditionally we used raisins + fruit loops (or cheerios) + mini marshmallows. In the photos we used mini marshmallows + raisins + candy corns for beaks + candy orange slices for feet + whoppers for heads. Use whatever you think would be cute and easy (whatever you have on hand). So, there you go. Have a super great Thanksgiving and... enjoy the journey!

2 comments:

  1. Cute idea! My kids will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute. I can't believe that the kids were that little. Hey, remember when I told you I had to log in to your site? I had to do it again just now to sign in. Do you have it set to private?

    ReplyDelete