Tuesday, February 10, 2009

2.for.Tuesday

Hello, hello! It's Tuesday again! I'm still stuck in Valentine's Day mode so you get more Valentine's Day type stuff...
one: Paper Dolls. I love paper dolls! My grandma had some (and I think I may have had some at one point though not necessarily this particular kind). These ones are vintage... real vintage (from the early 50's). Not 1980's vintage! I think that if you print them smaller - maybe two pages per sheet sized - in my mind they will be the perfect size to fit into the little purse from last week (or was it the week before...). That would complete the perfect little girl valentine. Yes it would. I found these on flickr. The link is the search results... Besty McCall paper dolls. ENJOY! two: Another banner. This one was made by Kara (... I used to be cool like Kara... and because I can't seem to get enough of online classes/inspiration + she's super cool, I'm going to be taking her "life story" class next week. I think it's hilarious that I'm taking a class about documenting your life story from a 16 year old... Yes, she's that cool), for Hambly Studios. I am definitely making one. It's not just Valentine's day this week... it's also *B*s happy birthday. He's getting pretty old. I'm trying to figure out something fun to do for him and it's just not happening. I thought maybe a party but there would be a whole lot of important people missing. We'll probably just end up doing the traditional standby: Pier 49 pizza. He did say I could get him a cupcake from 25 Main. Yum! So... I'm thinking I'll make the cards used in the banner add up to his age. Even though they're painted over you can still tell what they are + what their value is. I think that would be a fun little addition. The boys would get a kick out of adding up the numbers too.
Go ahead and make something fun today!
Enjoy the Journey!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, B! Pier 49 and 25 Main sound good to me! Remember how good that peanut butter cupcake was? I can't get enough peanut butter this pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe.

    It IS pretty silly that you're taking a life story class from 16 year old... Haha.

    Goodness, I like your blog. It makes me happy.

    SOOO excited that you are taking ma class! Yay.

    ReplyDelete