Thursday, July 31, 2008

This Girl

Wow, two days in a row! Feeling a little antsy and creative energy. It's been a long time and I'm having a hard time letting it back into my life. It tends to run my life... feast or famine. Binge and purge. etc. Oh well, I'll just ride the wave and try to keep myself in check. Besides staying up at 6:00 a.m. and trying to get a little chaos out of the way, this is what I've been up to today (this is still one of my favorite photos of her thus far...

The journaling is prompted by Shimelle's February 01, 2008 Write it Down. It reads: "This girl I thought was Ezra, but she's Emma. This girl is growing way too fast, but I'm excited to see what she becomes. This girl's daddy has a new sweetheart, but I'm okay with that. This girl has two big brothers that love her, but sometimes they love too much. This girl cries all day, but sleeps really great at night. This girl has stolen my heart, but that's a good thing." And one more thing: this girl slept for a six hour stretch last night. Wahoo!

I went out to eat with Jana (she's moving to Omaha on Saturday). I just wouldn't let her leave without eating at 25 Main and of course having a cupcake. Peanutbutter Cup is rivaling Orange Blossom as my current favorite (I shouldn't be eating cupcakes at all. Just yesterday I proclaimed that I would stop eating added sugar...).

I asked *B* if he was ever going to go there with me and he said probably not. I guess that's just going to be a place for me and the girls. His loss! Enjoying the journey

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for dinner! It was really yummy. Now I see why you said I had to go there before I move. That peanut butter cupcake is something I will probably crave along with Cafe Rio while we're in Omaha. Hopefully I can find a good substitute for both!

    Emma is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go - making me cry. Why do you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the cupcakes, just seeing them made my mouth water. I'm sorry Emma likes to cry alot, but you know it will pass...it has to right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That page is so cute. I love the journaling! It is so sweet. If you can't find anyone to go to 25 main with you, I would love to join you. Those cupcakes are to die for
    -Mel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to be back in touch with you. Your baby girl is beautiful. Girls are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete