Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Friday, August 24, 2007
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
And so... that is it. I'm just going to keep working my tail off! Cut out even more "stuff" and free days? What's that? Ha Ha Ha! (I know, I'm insane... 3 1/2 more weeks!) Enjoy the Journey!
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Saturday, August 18, 2007
Friday, August 17, 2007
Thursday, August 16, 2007
I know, I must be crazy! Seriously though. I feel like creating lately. Something has inspired me. Maybe it's all the change in the air. (Maybe it was the elf that cleaned my house the other day!)
Enjoying the journey
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
- What does the greatest mom in the world do that makes her the greatest?
- What does the greatest housekeeper in the world do that makes her the greatest?
Enjoy the Journey!
Friday, August 10, 2007
- egg whites
- whey protein
- white fish
- water packed tuna
- turkey breast
- chicken breast
- no fat cottage cheese
- rolled or steel cut oats
- brown rice
- beans (i.e. pinto/black/garbanzo)
- non-tropical fruits and berries (limit to 1 serving/day)
RAW GREEN VEGGIES: eat these with 4 of your meals/day
MYOPLEX/ MYOPLEX LITE SHAKES: 2 x daily.
I see areas of change to be made. My go to protein (besides the whey) is cottage cheese or cheese sticks. My go to carb is an apple or cut up peach (in the cottage cheese) and my go to veggie has been sauteed spinach the last few days... I realize that this is even more restrictive than what I have been doing, but... I really think it's got to be done. Only five more weeks + a few days left. It's got to be all I can do to get rid of this excess fat! Don't want to be left thinking, "I could've done more."
I tried a new recipe for dinner. It was pretty good considering...
AWESOME PANCAKES 2 servings Combine together in blender: 1/2 cup Oats(can be instant or regular), 6 egg whites, 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 4 packets of Equal. Add cinnamon if desired. Cook in heated skillet coated with Pam, butter flavored, turning once. Unbelievably wonderful. Submitted to BFL website by: Jacque Bain
Actually, I did like them. I didn't put anything on them (still need to pick up some butter spray) and I did add the cinnamon. I put in 1/8 tsp but could've done more I think. What I liked most was that I was able to eat 4 pancakes! That just did a lot for my head I think!
Enjoy the Journey!
Thursday, August 9, 2007
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
There may be a slight difference in the depth of the furrows. I can see a big change in my face. Here is the big change though...
- Weight: from 195 to 180
- Body fat: from 31.7% to 29.7%
- across belly button: lost just over 2 1/2"
- at true waist: lost nearly 2"
- rear: nearly 1 1/2" lost
- approx. 2" off each thigh
- lost a little off each calf
- biceps are growing
I am very excited. Still always questioning if I'm doing enough to win. I know, I know. I'm a winner regardless because I'll look awesome. We could really use that money to finish the house though. That's a worthy reason. Right?
Thanks for all of your support! YOU ROCK!
Enjoy the Journey
Monday, August 6, 2007
- Last weekend I had my first "real" free day. It was all out too. Starting with a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie at 11:00 a.m. moving on to R.S type salads, and coffee cake, and more cookies, etc. etc.
- This weekend I had two smallish (but still 2) slices of pie, 2 pieces of fudge, approximately 5 serving of black licorice (nearly 700 calories by itself), and then a 3 scoop cup of rocky road with milk.
- I've started to feel like I've got a good grasp on things in general and basically stopped planning my meals/workouts. I'm sure it's not helping either. It's all about awareness and I'm just doing it automatically. That will be good when I'm maintaining, but not during the challenge.
So, what do I do about it? Here's what I think...
- Learn from this little set back. No more "free days" I will choose something - one thing - to treat myself to on free day.
- I will plan everything. My meals, my workouts, my sleep...that's another thing I forgot to mention, just plain still not getting enough sleep.
- As much as I despise it, I will be a calorie counter for no other reason than that it is a huge eye opener. It's amazing how fast a little here, a little there adds up.
Speaking of "a little here, a little there" did I ever tell you what B has to say about that? I was telling him how Ali Edwards says that things are easily done in baby steps, "a little here and a little there" he started using that against me. If I'm drooling over something or trying to talk myself into eating something questionable by saying it's just a little, he'll say, "a little here (pointing at his waist) and a little there (pointing at his rear)." He's really been great you know. Super supportive and not condescending. Definitely a cheerleader. I get into trouble when I project the feeling I'm having onto him. Then I start to think he's looking down his nose at me and I want to rebel. I'm doing it all to myself. I'm looking down my nose!
So, little set back. It's not going to stop me though. I've still got 6 more weeks of this and they'll be better than the first 6.
Enjoy the journey!