Friday, July 20, 2007

Efficiency

Well, it's day 26 and I feel great! I have found a few things that I can change...areas of improvement, things I was doing in ignorance, etc. but over all I'm feeling really good about what's going on with me. A couple of changes to make:
  1. In the BFL book Bill says to mix low-fat cottage cheese w/yogurt. Specifically mentioning Yoplait light. I noticed just yesterday that Yoplait light has 14 g sugar and the 2nd ingredient on the list is high fructose corn syrup. I understand that this book was written lots of years ago. I need to remember that and not take anything at face value. I need to optimize my performance and high fructose corn syrup is NOT the way to do it. Thankfully I still have 8 weeks to go!
  2. As efficient as I feel by speeding up my weight routine I can't do it. I keep reading that I will see optimum results by doing the weights just as Bill says, because if there's one thing Bill knows, it's weight training for optimum results. So...I will follow the plan and take the 1 min. rests between sets and do the whole set before moving on to the next lift/muscle group.
  3. A great quote from FLOW by: Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi..."Getting control of life is never easy, and sometimes it can be definitely painful. But in the long run optimal experiences add up to a sense of mastery--or perhaps better, a sense of participation in determining the content of life--that comes as close to what is usually meant by happiness as anything else we can conceivable imagine."

So Ladies...Take control. Participate in determining the content of your life.

Enjoy the Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment