Thursday, September 16, 2010

List #8: ING

WAKING : up three times last night. and that after going to bed a bit past midnight. finally deciding that it just wasn't worth it to try and sleep anymore. getting up at 6:30 and going for a walk. all by myself. READING : as is typical of me, currently have multiple books I'm sampling [at the moment that number happens to be six]. Some actual delving going on in a few. The Hunger Games I am slowly reading to *B*, Toss the Guilt and Catch the Joy I am enjoying small tastes of here and there. How to Win Friends and Influence People was recommended by a member of our bishopric as a possible help to get through raising my kids. It's the one that gets picked up when I'm feeding the little man. Gospel Principles. There is actual delving going on here as I'm a newly called RS teacher and it's killing me. really. The Parenting Breakthrough. I guess this one shouldn't be on the list yet because I've only skimmed the begining. Then decided that I need to finish with these others first so as to give it it's proper respect and attention. Next up: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society for bookclub. It's been on my list for quite a while. WEARING : Black t-shirt and Gray sweat shorts. a bun in my hair. I'm very dressed up today. DRINKING: water. lots of water. and occasionally a rootbeer flavored italian soda [I cooked me up some rootbeer flavored syrup for just this purpose]. they're yummy. CAPTURING : sweet little faces and happy moments. WATCHING : This awesome video: The Day Money Actually Grew On A Tree. I love it! WORKING: on getting the little man to sleep so I can get started on a baby name order due saturday. I'm also hyperfocused on fine tuning/developing a couple of brilliant ideas I had recently. More on that later. CALLING : to make VT appointments. If I remember that is. I always remember while they're at work. Never once they get home. REMEMBERING : to make VT appointments. hopefully. ENJOYING: the coolness that is slowly sneeking into the air.

2 comments:

  1. I read Potato Peel Pie this summer. I looooved the characters. I felt transported and fell in love with that island. One of my favorite lines is still “reading good books ruins you for enjoying bad ones”. True, true. "How to Win Friends and Influence People" was the only book my parents ever paid me to read. I had to read each chapter twice and I think I was 12 when I did. I need to revisit that one. I remember being 10 bucks richer, but I don't remember a whole lot of the actual book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally finished Potato Peel Pie Society yesterday. A week after bookclub. I am having a really hard time getting stuff done these days. I loved it too. And that was one of my favorite quotes too. Thant's why I try and read as few good books as possible! I really enjoy my books for "entertainment value only" as much as I can. I never did finish any of the others. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete