Friday, October 2, 2009

Round Three

While in Phoenix this summer I purchased 1/4 yard each of nine different fabrics. I am currently in the middle of project #3 with said fabrics. Oh, it's been fun. What started out as a birthday banner turned into a birthday banner + squashy hearts [for the I Love You jar... more on that later]. After the hearts I had baggies full of odd scraps not really big enough to do anything with but too big to throw away. So imagine that little bit of randomness flying around in my brain + thoughts of a homemade [aka cheap] Christmas in the Miles house and you get collisions = sparks of brilliance [or maybe I should say craziness... it seems like they go hand in hand in my house]. I digress. The point? I've undertaken a huge job of tiny proportions. I can't wait to show you when I'm done. Here's a little sneaky peeky: Enjoy the journey! ps. since I had the machine out I did another quick + super easy + way too cute project. baby legs [tutorial here]! Love them! The Girl liked them too. She just doesn't understand why she can't be in my face when I'm holding the camera. I kept having to put her back on the bench [bench because it kept her at a distance longer + notice that her hair is turning blonde?] Since the project was a success the green/yellow argyle socks are up next. I picked the up at Target 2 pairs/$6'ish.

2 comments:

  1. THanks for the note! Those legs look great, I'm glad you tried it. So easy, eh?

    Your blog is so creative, I love it. Just my style. I used to scrapbook a ton. But I lost touch with it after the 2nd kid and now the industry is overwhelming, I have no idea how or where to pick up again. Your pages and templates are really great, though.

    Happy Conference Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Those fabrics are super cute! So is your girl. I love those baby legs. They look so cute.

    ReplyDelete