Friday, September 12, 2008

If I have to...

I don't even know where to begin to tell about life these days... I've checked out (with the exception of a few random bursts).
  1. the girl is growing like a weed. Two weeks ago she weighed in at 15 lbs. and was 24 inches. She is definitely ours. So far she still has beautiful bright blue eyes and her daddy is really hopeful that she'll keep them. Brother #1 had the same eyes but they've mellowed to a greyish blue now. Her hair is looking auburn/red at the moment. If I had to guess I would say she has a lot of my early days look about her. I have pictures of my 1st b-day and my hair is reddish. Maybe she'll follow my lead and start with red, move on to blonde, then to dirty blond, then to auburn/dark blonde. Then again, maybe she'll have dark dark hair like her daddy and bright baby blues like her momma. Isn't that what we all dream of? Unless of course you've got it!
  2. School started. We've got a 1st grader this year. He likes riding his bike to school. He especially likes being in charge of himself. Don't tell anyone, but on the days I work I set the timer and tell him that if his friends haven't come by the time the beeper goes off he needs to hustle to school alone. He loves being his own boss for 2o min. He got 100% on his first spelling test.
  3. I am kicking myself daily for being the PTA treasurer. Maybe it is an easy job eventually, but truthfully, nothing is really easy when it requires large chunks of time and you've got a nursing baby/small family. Stupid.
  4. The cannery was giving away peaches (literally), so we got a bunch and made jam. 54 pints of it. I'm seriously considering taking some and trying to sell it at the farmers market tomorrow. They we're also selling really beautiful looking ones for $0.35 lb. We couldn't pass that up either so we bought 100lbs or so and canned 70 qts. so at least we have peaches in our food storage!
  5. I've been taking a couple of art journaling classes on line and have really enjoyed them. I've done a few things...
  6. I decided that I'm going to get my "best of" book for 2007 put together. Then I'll really have permission to play.
  7. After I get two baby names done. I keep forgetting about them. I promise I'll do it. Maybe I'll do that now (when I'm finished giving this update).
  8. I got paid to take pictures and was totally freaked out about it but suprisingly I enjoyed it and even more suprisingly they loved the pictures. I was so glad!
  9. It's just me and the girl again this weekend. I have a huge to-do list and, as you can guess, I'm not getting any of it done.
  10. Why is that not surprising?

There you have it. My top ten update!

Enjoy the journey!

5 comments:

  1. Yay, thanks for the update. I feel totally disconnected from St. George, and it's good to hear what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you've finally posted again. I check everyday and it's a bummer to not see anything. I could call....but then I stay on the phone all day - and I'm really trying not to do that anymore. I should just give myself once a week to call you though - because it's wierd not talking to you. I"m jealous of your peach-o-rama. I tried to get a case of Utah peaches through my bountiful baskets thing and they were sold out in like 15 minutes! No peaches for me this year :0(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so fun to see you this last week and catch up with you. Your kids are definitely growing up!! I'm so glad you updated your blog!! Keep in touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was quite a list for a woman with a newborn! Wow I'm impressed, I just find myself trying to make it through a day nursing! You are such a talented, creative person, I love that about you. I would love to know more about your 2007 book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, can you give me Kaye's email so I can ask to be invited to her blog? Or you can give her my email bowenphotography@gmail.com. And where are all the cute pictures you're taking of your cute girl with your awesome camera?

    ReplyDelete