Tuesday, May 31, 2011

2.for.Tuesday

I am a last minute kinda gal apparently [as if you didn't already know that ;)]. Do you think they would ever kick me off the team? I've really got to get a grip on this loading + blogging problem I have. I will give you the whole, real story...

one: This layout was finished on May 11th + loaded to the JS site on the same day. Yes, really. I did not blog about it. I did not load it to other sites. Here are the details: This girl is very social. She says hi to everyone. When she said hi to Daddy's boss he responded with a, "hi sweetheart." She promptly let him know that she is NOT sweetheart. She's Millie [name has been changed to protect the innocent]. She cracks me up on a regular basis. Products used [click here for links]: Splendid Fiins Very Crafty Ledgers Paper Pack [coming soon!] Splendid Fiins Feed Sack Paper Pack Splendid Fiins Little Letters Splendid Fiins Say What Stickers Splendid Fiins Mixed Bag Tape Strips Splendid Fiins Border Punches Set 2 Splendid Fiins Sew Crafty Messy Stitches Vol. 1


two: Chore Cards. I am determined to have help in keeping the house ordered this summer + beyond. My boys seem to have difficulties looking around a room and seeing what needs to be done. I’ve made up these Chore Cards using slightly modified See Below Journalers from Splendid Fiins and photos cut from magazines to give inspired looks at clean and organized rooms. I have a card for each room/area of the house for daily work + another for weekly deeper cleaning.
The idea is that the cards for all jobs available will be put out and they can choose which they want. "You Snooze You Lose" fully applies here as the jobs are first come first served [much like the MTC]. The cards will be laminated so they can cross off what they have finished as they do it + will be able to follow their own progress. Also, we do daily cleaning for each room/area of the house and then focus on one deep cleaning room/area per week. These two samples happen to be weekly cards. Each of us will be in charge one day a week + will oversee the job. This also includes getting it done. Even if that means doing it yourself. We have discussed the consequences of leaving someone to do their job alone [it very likely means that you will be doing your job alone tomorrow]. I hope it works.
I was hoping to have a photo of all of my finished cards but Costco cropped them when it didn't indicate cropping. I've ordered new ones. Hopefully the problem is resolved. I really don't want to resize them.
There you go. Not so bad I guess.

2 comments:

  1. not bad at all!! i love the idea of the card, with the pic of how it should look. that should get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it will work for you. Those boys need to help around. and learn to do it right. I really like how it gives the specifics. Love you and hope your summer isn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete