Saturday, September 15, 2007

Sneak Peek...

Tomorrow is the last day of my challenge. I've been thinking a lot as I've worked on my essay and "inner transformation" questions and Ali had links to things written by Anna Quindlen (a woman who is, I am sure, a feminist liberal (something I would probably be if it weren't so completely irrational) but I liked portions of what she had to say. She wrote: "look in the mirror tonight... Who is that woman? She is the work of your life. She is it's greatest glory." This resonated with me because one of my transformation goals was to be able to smile at myself in the mirror. Plus, in thinking about our selves being our greatest work... at first that felt really off. What about our children? Well, after much thought and deliberation, our children are not ours. They will ulitmately become what they will. I become what I will. So, "to smile at myself in the mirror" I seriously doubt that Anna Quindlen was talking about looking great... that is NOT feminism. But, I want that. I am learning to respect myself. I want to look like someone who knows she matters. Who cares about and respects herself. Someone who knows that her body is a temple. As I go along and see things that need to be edited from my life, things that are dragging me down (for example: the guilt that was associated with all of the scrapbooking supplies that I was collecting only) I feel better. Each time I say no and walk away from a handful of animal crackers, or get up at 5:45 a.m to work my body into the ground I feel more empowered. I am putting aside the natural woman and each time I do that the natural consequence is beauty without, strength within. I didn't mean to ramble. I just wanted to sort that quote out in my head and as you well know, for me that works best through my fingers! I just looked out the window and I've got two streakers out there. One in a Superman cape, the other completely naked. What is it with my boys thinking they need to naked? It's not like their two anymore either! FYI: They got their clothes wet in the irrigation water... of course they had to take them off! Well, I don't have final numbers to share yet, but I did go and get my after pictures taken... here's a sample:

Enjoying the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment