Thursday, December 30, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Thursday, December 16, 2010
I made this using Crystal Wilkerson's Merry & Bright Pack #2. Want one?
- Just open up the Alpha of your choice [it comes in three colors + if you opt to recolor your options are really endless].
- One by one copy and paste the letters you want into a new document [I used 8.5 x 12]. Each letter should have it's own layer. Now keep in mind that to make "All Is Calm" I had three different "L" layers, etc.
- What you are going to do is select a layer + resize the letter by clicking on a corner of the bounding box. This will open up some options on your task bar. You're going to want to type in a number to increase or decrease the size depending on the size you want. For example: I wanted mine to be approximately 3 inches tall so I increased to 250% by typing 250% in the W: ___ box and clicked the chain icon to constrain the proportions [don't forget this step... your stuff will be wonky if you do *ctrl + z will undo it if you forget*].
- duplicate the layer [ctrl + j]
- flip the duplicated layer vertical [image + rotate + flip layer vertical]
- move layer so that the tops of the letters touch [this is where you will fold + glue them back to back over the string or whatever, so try not to move side to side. Just up and down].
- You should have something that looks like the "M" above. Merge those two layers [ctrl + e]. Only those two layers.
- Repeat with remaining letters.
- Cut out + fold over string of choice. Glue wrong sides together.
- Hang + enjoy. I envision a whole slew of happy Christmas sayings...
Sound a bit confusing? Sorry. It's really not. And, suprisingly, it didn't take that long to accomplish. If you have any questions just ask. If needed I could include screen shots or whatever to clear up confusion.