- I have a library book that is a week over due. No, make that 10 days. This never happens. It must be that 33 day Book of Mormon challenge I've got myself on. I'm sure the other three library books I have will be over due soon as well.
- I'm almost finished putting together our 2007 family book. I'm trying to finish it before the free paper upgrade from Blurb expires on May 4th. I'd better get it wrapped up [if you have a book ready to publish let me know and I'll hook you up with the free code].
- A volleyball friend of mine had twin boys and I had no money so I decided to finally bust out the pattern I found on the internet for baby bear hats and give it a go. I had to re-work the first one five times because I was using a chunky yarn and the hats were coming out *A* sized [which he liked very much, by the way]. But I finally got them to what I thought was baby sized or close enough. Turns out they were more like 3 month old baby sized, which is just about right for my babies, but not so much for little 5 pounders. But who knew they were only five pounds? Not me.
- As a result of #3, I am now obsessed with baby bear hats. Our Y.W. are having a camp fund raising dinner and they asked for donations for an auction. Naturally I signed up to donate two baby bear hats. Plus, I have two friends having babies this month. And, of course, our own little #4 coming in July. It's a good thing they only take a couple of hours. If you were wondering, I think I have the hats to an approximate newborn size. Just right for showing off in the hospital. Because who doesn't want a baby that looks like this? Now all I need is a newborn...
Friday, April 30, 2010
keeping on. Trying to recover from bouts of the yuck. The girl is currently enjoying a diet of popsicles and ice cream. She has sores in her mouth [also known as stomatitis] and won't eat anything else. The doctor says it's just her body's reaction to the virus [cold] she has. She is one sad little cookie. I am also trying to recover from the yuck but it's not going so well as my sleep has been so rudely and so frequently interupted the last week or so. I'm sure it will come sooner or later. Other snippets:
Friday, April 16, 2010
from Tollipop's hypothetical Friday. I would love to know what you would choose... 1. Would you rather never have to wait in another line (on foot), or would you rather always have the right of way at intersections...meaning no more red lights (via automobile)? I say, "Down with red lights!" 2. Would you rather have the power to read people's thoughts, or would you like the ability to communicate with animals? (Sorry, that's borderline creepy...let's not say complete access to someone's mind, but more just an incredibly heightened awareness and perception of what people are feeling and thinking.) I would go with the heightened awareness on this one. I'm totally clueless in most situations. One time in college this guy asked me if I wanted to ride with him to a fundraiser luau for the football team and I said that'd be great but I was going to drive a few friends. Could they ride with us. He said that was okay. I brought a boy [a couple of other girls too, but the problem turned out to be the boy]. I totally missed it until someone clued me in a few weeks later. Sheesh. 3. Would you like the ability to see a mile underground, or would you like the ability to see a mile underwater? "Seeing a mile underwater would be cool. But then again, maybe, just maybe, "there's gold in them thar hills." 4. If you could wander in and out of the plot of any book, what would it be? For some reason "Ender's Game" popped into my head. I'm sure I can think of something better though... Chronicles of Narnia. Pride and Prejudice. The Bible. 5. Would you rather have a secret garden full of all sorts of lovely growing things, with a cozy bench and a perfect patch of sunlight, and the power to bring anyone, anyone at all, to that place for a visit, or would you rather discover a secret corner in a library, a place no one else knows about or could ever find, with a huge, comfy cushion, a stack of wonderful books, and a window that allowed you a changing view of anywhere in the world (you simply had to ask)? Oh, to have a secret garden and to invite my Grandmas for a bit of cake. 6. Would you rather have an endless bar of the most scrumptious chocolate, or a perennial loaf of fresh bread (with no consequences, either way)? Bread. Bread of any variety I choose with whichever spread I desire. And warm. Always warm.
Monday, April 12, 2010
Friday, April 9, 2010
over at Tollipop. Here are my answers: 1. the ability to speak ten languages of my choice would go nicely with no. 5. 2. the ability to render my surroundings utterly clean. I like to play around in the kitchen, not so big on the cleaning thing. I get sidetracked too easily. 3. underwater breathing. although, if I we could change the seeing for miles into the ability to see where your children are for miles it would be the hands down winner. 4. Would you like to be able to throw a killer, missile-guided pass with the football or be a fearless, no-splash, champion diver? Hmm... that's a tough one. Does looking great in a bathing suit go with the diving? [wink] 5. Oh, to be able to wander the world. Although, if I could time travel would I also be able to wander the world? Maybe I want to change this to time travel. I could go and come back like I was never gone. Nice. 6. I'll keep this one relatively simple. I would love to just spend the day with my husband. 7. I would want to be a visitor of the Sermon on the Mount.
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
she is invisible. She will only eat her food if she is on the front porch [or on my lap]. She can be found with buttons in her hands and pockets. There is not a single pencil in our house with an intact eraser. She also eats crayons. She loves to sing "Follow the Prophet." If you say, "gimme five!" she will say, "up high, down low, up high, down low..." She turns her bibs around like capes. When Daddy leaves she says, "bye-bye, love you, have a good day!" and then blows him a kiss.
Friday, April 2, 2010
to be exactly what I need right now. It's at the top of my wish list. If I'm staring at it everyday do you think it will help? They keep popping up. Calling me. Taunting me. Where, oh where, to find one? Finally I was given directions. And not just directions, but background too and the copywrite is expired. Now I know that if I'm so inclined, since I'm feeling especially empty in the pocket book at the moment, I can just make one up myself. Now to decide if it's worth the time. Yes or No? I've got a list of things to get done before the new little gets here in... oh, I think it's about 16'ish weeks or so now. It's quite long. The list I mean.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *I got my floor mopped so I decided to take the time to play with the poster. What do you think? Is it too crowded? Do I need to make the font smaller/look for a different font? What about the the aged vs. plain edges? The bigger crown or smaller [it's a little bigger in the coral one] What about color? That's where I'm going to get hung up. I just like too many. Too many. If you'd like one, let me know. I have connections.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
with both feet. The girl is in panties today. Let's see if I can pay attention enough to keep them dry. Wish me luck.
She did so great all day! I went to the temple with Mom and when I got home there were two pairs of wet panties on the bathroom counter. Poor *B* had to clean up two puddles. I guess he didn't believe me when I said, "If she says she doesn't need to go but it's been a while she needs to go. Take her anyway. " Today [the day after] hasn't got quite so well. No pretty pretty panties are clean. It just isn't the same.