Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Monday, July 23, 2007
Friday, July 20, 2007
- In the BFL book Bill says to mix low-fat cottage cheese w/yogurt. Specifically mentioning Yoplait light. I noticed just yesterday that Yoplait light has 14 g sugar and the 2nd ingredient on the list is high fructose corn syrup. I understand that this book was written lots of years ago. I need to remember that and not take anything at face value. I need to optimize my performance and high fructose corn syrup is NOT the way to do it. Thankfully I still have 8 weeks to go!
- As efficient as I feel by speeding up my weight routine I can't do it. I keep reading that I will see optimum results by doing the weights just as Bill says, because if there's one thing Bill knows, it's weight training for optimum results. So...I will follow the plan and take the 1 min. rests between sets and do the whole set before moving on to the next lift/muscle group.
- A great quote from FLOW by: Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi..."Getting control of life is never easy, and sometimes it can be definitely painful. But in the long run optimal experiences add up to a sense of mastery--or perhaps better, a sense of participation in determining the content of life--that comes as close to what is usually meant by happiness as anything else we can conceivable imagine."
So Ladies...Take control. Participate in determining the content of your life.
Enjoy the Journey.
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
- 1 chopped tomato
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 or 1/8 tsp minced garlic
- 2 chopped green onions
- Tbsp lime juice
- 1 can tuna
- 1 tsp mayo (or more if you must!)
- 1/2 chopped avocado (optional)
Started making mini pizzas on pita bread. I cut the pita in half so I have 2 pizzas. I tried topping it with a Tbsp of pesto but have found that it isn't necessary. Better, but not necessary. Slice a tomato thinly, lay on top of the bread. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp dried basil, 1 tsp dried chives all ground up together. Grate a light mozzerella cheese stick on top then sprinkle with parmesan. Toast in oven until cheese is golden like you like it. Good Stuff! Just like my grilled cheese/tomato sandwiches.
Enjoy the Journey!